Hi! My name is Anne (pronounced Ah-Nah – it’s weird I know).
I grew up in the Chicago suburbs and spent part of my young adult life in central/southern Illinois until I found my way to Champaign after college. I have been working at Thunderstruck Design as a graphic designer ever since I graduated from Illinois State University with a B.S. in Graphic Design – back when the company was still know as Roberts Design. I specialize in both web and print design. When it comes to web design or multipage document design, I am your gal.
Outside of work, you can usually find me at home watching some cheesy horror movies with my two cats and husband Michael (who is actually also a designer at Thunderstruck), bingewatching Netflix, reading, or sewing.
When I say sewing I am referring to these weird little monster stuffed animal dudes that I make and not like productive sewing – props to everyone out there who can actually use a sewing machine to produce functioning wearables. You can click the picture to the left to see what I am talking about.
I also love going to concerts and I am a fairly avid podcast listener.
- Food – Spicy Lo Mein…. or Pizza…. or Burritos
- Typeface – Titillium is my current go to
- Color – Somewhere between avocado green and teal blue
- Movie – Back to the Future 1 & 2
- Tv Show – Game of Thrones, Stranger Things, 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, Bobs Burgers (its hard to pick just one)
- Book – The Millenium Novel Series by Stieg Larsson… and Harry Potter for my inner child
- Band – I listen to a wide variety of music and seem to go through phases of favorites – some of my current favs are the Aquabats, Tegan and Sara, Bully, Courtney Barnett, and the Worriers
- Animal – I am absolutely the crazy cat lady in the office
As you can tell, I am pretty horrible at singling out one favorite.
If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why? If I am not like focusing on trying to save the world and am just using it for my own benefit, the ability to manipulate time would be a pretty rad superpower.
If you could master one skill you do not currently have, what would it be? I would love to be able to create beautiful hand drawn typography.
If you had to fight 1 Horse sized Duck or 100 duck sized horses, which would you choose? I have heard this question thousands of times so I have thought of this before. Being an animal lover, ideally I would not have to fight either. But, if I had to choose … I would absolutely pick the one horse sized duck. There is no way it would be able to fly at that size or be very fast on its feet. I would only have to keep focused on one being instead of one hundred. I feel like it would be like fighting a dinosaur without teeth. Bring it on.
If you could no longer work in the field that you currently do, what would you do? I am fascinated by the science of forensics, so I would absolutely try to get somewhere in that field.