It’s me Hazel. The voice you hear when you call Thunderstruck Design.
I grew up in Gibson City until my junior year in high school. I then moved to Champaign to finish high school. Moving from a small town to here was quite a change for me. Luckily, I met a few of my classmates during the summer before school started and that made it easier for me. My first job was at Spritz Jewelers downtown where I worked at the jewelry counter while finishing high school. I believe that is why I love jewelry so much (most of it costume, but still the bling/glamour).
A few years later, started at Richard Newman Associates, an advertising, marketing, public relations firm, where I was hired as an administrative assistant. Worked there for 17 years when Rod was hired as the art director. Now years later, I am the administrative assistant at his firm. Last month made my 8th year. I work part time, and I love having the early afternoon off to run my errands (SHOPPING) before the after 5 crowd. Hope to talk to you soon.
- Food – My husband Ralph’s bbq ribs
- Typeface – None in particular
- Color – Blue (Ironic, my birthstone color)
- Movie – To Kill A Mockingbird & Steel Magnolias (Cry every time)
- Tv Show – Big Bang Theory. C’mon, you know the Sheldon song when he’s sick. Now, if you do, try to get it out of your head. Series – Empire and Rosewood
- Book – Can’t say I have a favorite. Was not really a book reader.
- Band – Can’t say band, but Groups: Still the all time favorite, Earth, Wind & Fire & The Jackson Five
- Animal – Dog
If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why? Expand brain power to absorb the social media talk when I hear my co-workers discussing it.
If you could master one skill you do not currently have, what would it be? Dancing
If you had to fight 1 Horse sized Duck or 100 duck sized horses, which would you choose? Won’t pick either, can’t fight. So, I would have to just do the Forest Gump thing, Run Hazel Run!
If you could no longer work in the field that you currently do, what would you do? I loved singing, sewing and playing the piano in high school. Still sing, but does not sound as good.